Wanted: VT5x roll-around stand

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 10:27:59 CDT 2016

On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 8:38 AM, Paul Koning <paulkoning at comcast.net> wrote:
>> On Jun 28, 2016, at 1:06 AM, Ethan Dicks <ethan.dicks at gmail.com> wrote:
>> We know from the sales brochure jpg that it's 26" tall...
>
> The things to look for are (a) the dimensions of the rectangular top, (b) the height of the lip (since I think the VT52 base drops into that lip and is held by it) and (c) the position of the support column under the top (position of the center of gravity).

Yep.  All excellent things to know.  Also, it would be nice to get an
idea of the thickness of the metal.  I've never seen one of these so I
have no idea how to fabricate them (at the detail level).  Once we get
some dimensions, I have access to a pretty good shop at our
Makerspace, the Columbus Idea Foundry.  I also have multiple VT52s I'd
love to put on wheels!  One source I have for chair bases is Ohio
State University surplus.  They are constantly selling retired
furniture for cheap.  There's also an Office Furniture place down the
block from the Idea Foundry that's about to close to be demolished for
new development.  I'll bet chairs are cheap there!

Thanks, Barry!

-ethan