Power cable identification

Mike Stein mhs.stein at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 14:02:07 CDT 2016

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brent Hilpert" <hilpert at cs.ubc.ca>
To: "General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts" <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
Sent: Sunday, June 26, 2016 11:11 PM
Subject: Re: Power cable identification

On 2016-Jun-26, at 1:47 PM, Mike Stein wrote:
> [...]

Yup, this:
http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~hilpert/tmp/CromemcoZ2A.jpg

IC date codes on boards were 77 to 78.
Presumably bought as a package as it had Cromemco ZPU, TUART, 4FDC & 16KZ boards.

I  replaced the 163 connector with an IEC.

As a matter of fact here's an example with the 163 connector:
http://maben.homeip.net/static/s100/cromemco/photos/cromemco%20z2/Cromemco%20Z2%20back.JPG

Yup, indeed definitely a 163 in Marcus' picture; my time selling and supporting Cromemcos starts in 1980 and by then all models including the Z2 had IEC connectors.

As a matter of fact, from the copyright notice it looks like the Z2 rear panel and P/S were changed in 1979:

https://goo.gl/photos/LmdwwKb6uPcpWzuf7