Leaking DEC VR201 monochrome monitor?

Ian Primus ian.primus.ccmp at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 11:14:05 CDT 2016

Yes. It's the PVA compound leaking out of the picture tube, from
between the faceplate and the tube itself. I see this on lots of
terminals and monitors. You need to remove the picture tube, heat the
faceplate and separate it from the tube, and clean up all the brown
goop, and put everything back together. It's corrosive, and it will
eat traces (this is a big problem on ADM3A terminals, since the goo
leaks onto the circuit board).

This is definitely fixable.

-Ian