Cross post - Help repairing badly dented / warped sheet metal casing (Seattle)

Ian Finder ian.finder at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 15:32:31 CDT 2016

I recently received something very special to me, a Symbolics XL1200 LISP
machine, with framethrower and the works.

Despite being shipped in the original SMBX designed carton, UPS dealt a
great deal of damage to the system. It looks like it was hit by a truck.

This, predictably, makes me very sad.

Is there anyone, preferably local, with the skill and tools to make this
thing look a little better who can lend a hand?

How do I get started undoing the dents and extremely bent base?

thanks,

- Ian

--
   Ian Finder