Quadra 660AV what's with the "PowerPC" label?

Ryan Eisworth ryan at diskfutility.com
Tue Jun 14 01:41:04 CDT 2016

On Jun 13, 2016, at 8:52 PM, Cameron Kaiser <spectre at floodgap.com> wrote:

>>> Yes, true. An OS I still miss, for all its instability and quirkiness.
>>> I'd love to see a modern FOSS recreation, at least of the concept and
>>> the style, even if it was binary-incompatible.
>>
>>  What do you feel is still missing from OS-X today?  About the only thing I
>> can think of is the unique file system, where each file had a data and a
>> resource fork.
>
> The spatial Finder.

I can’t agree enough. For what it’s worth, in recent versions of the Mac OS if you have the toolbar turned off in Finder it mostly functions in a spatial way, but there are glitches that wreck your folder layouts and positioning from time to time.

--
...although, I could be wrong...
Ryan Eisworth - Brenham, TX, USA