Set of mystery DEC boards: who can help me identifying these?

P Gebhardt p.gebhardt at ymail.com
Tue Jun 7 16:51:29 CDT 2016

>>the 50xxxxx number with the letter behind it could be a dec board number.
>

>The 50 class could be the artwork, and the letter the board rev.  If that is the case, there is probably a 54- class on the other side of the board one number higher. The 54  number is the board with components, and can be tracked down, but not easily.

Thanks for this hint, Paul. I rechecked for numbers, but couldn't any 54-numbers on the boards.

>>They could have been renamed by another company.

It looks very much to me like original DEC equipment.

>>Any other print in the etch?

Interestingly, the prints in the etches are those I stated and all have an X prior to the actual number.

>>Any pictures?

Yes, I uploaded some at

http://www.digitalheritage.de/other/dec_mystery_boards/

I still have not clue what these boards are for. Any help is highly appreciated!

Thanks,
Pierre