11/[9]4 latest

Rod Smallwood rodsmallwood52 at btinternet.com
Tue Jun 7 06:50:01 CDT 2016

On 07/06/2016 12:12, Jerome H. Fine wrote:
> >Rod Smallwood wrote:

>>> Can you provide a DIR of the first few floppies?  The names and
>>> sizes of the files will pin down which version of RT-11 if the
>>> actual dates were not correct.  Otherwise, the dates of the files,
>>> if they are correct, will specify the version of RT-11 if the dates
>>> are 1983 (or after) when V05.00 of RT-11 was released.  Before
>>> 1983, there were many updates, so there is more confusion.
>>>
>>> Internally, each SAV file has a version and each MAC file also
>>> has a version number which will also help identify the file aside
>>> from a BINCOM to compare two files.
>>
>> It a little difficult to do a dir when I have yet to get the drive I
>> would do it on working
>> So I'm just inventorying this box of 8" floppies.
>>
>> There are a number (14) of clear packages with DEC original sets  in
>> They are marked
>> RT-11 ,  RT11 V4.5B  or RT11 V4.5C
>> Plus loose disks with RT11 utilities
>> and OS/8 disks
>> I do have a pair of RX01's but I am less sure about the controller.
>>
>> Also available is a TK50 UNIBUS CONTROLLER not a TUK50 CONTROLLER as
>> sometimes described.
>
> The only two relevant dates that I am confident of are for the RT-11
> binary distributions of:
>
> RT-11   V04.00   February 28th, 1980   152 files     3213 blocks
> RT-11   V05.00   March 12th, 1983       182 files     4026 blocks
>
> I assume that you may have distributions for V04.05B of RT-11 and
> V04.05C of RT-11.  I seem to remember that between 1980 and 1982,
> DEC provided update files to users who were paying for the update
> service and that the users may have been responsible for applying the
> updates to their distributions in order to keep their RT-11 distributions
> up-to-date.
>
> If you have any additional information, please let us know and we can
> attempt to figure things out.
>
> Jerome Fine
Well I have moved on a bit more.
My 11/83 is back together and booting RT on the RD53 via the RQDX3
as normal.

I found not one but two RXV21 RX02 controllers.  So I'll  give them a
try in the 11/83 and see what happens.
I'll soon know if the RX02 is good or not. If not I'll fix it (my era - TTL)

Regards

Rod