AT&T 3b2 vs SCSI2SD drive replacement

Don North ak6dn at mindspring.com
Thu Jun 2 00:30:35 CDT 2016

On 6/1/2016 10:19 PM, jwsmobile wrote:

> On 6/1/2016 4:52 PM, Mike Ross wrote:
>>> The advantages of the SCSI2SD over the ACard are as follows:

>> Wait - what? I'd never even thought of that. Has anyone got SCSI2SD
>> running successfully on AS/400?
> I noticed that one vendor had the following note in their sale posting on Ebay.
>
> ** Please note
> 1) The card will be preconfigured for 8 gb storage only.
> 2) You will not be able to change the firmware as a little modifications have
> been done in PCB.
>
> Vendor:  floppy_to_usb
>
> Not nice sports fans.
>
> SCSI2SD-50-Pin-SCSI-Hard-to-Micro-Sd-Converter-8-gb-micro-SD-for-Staubli-JC5
>
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/301859438071
>
> Any idea which vendor to buy from to get an "open" part, how to preserve the
> firmware / settings on what you get if you wish to modify it as an open
> product?  The above is pretty nasty for the vendor of an  open product, and I
> think I'll be buying from someone else.
>
> Thanks
> Jim

That price ($200) is about 3X the going rate.

The main page for SCSI2SD is here:
http://www.codesrc.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=SCSI2SD

Scroll down to here:
http://www.codesrc.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=SCSI2SD#Purchase to find links
to vendors

Links to firmware updates and tools here:
http://www.codesrc.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=SCSI2SD#News

I have no vested interest in SCSI2SD, other than being a very satisfied user.

Don

--
Don North
AK6DN