Keyboards and Mice (was Model M, NEC ProSpeed)

Chuck Guzis cclist at
Wed Jun 1 10:48:42 CDT 2016

On 06/01/2016 01:49 AM, Christian Corti wrote:

> How do you paste text then? And there are quite a few applications
> that use the middle button to scroll the visible layer (e.g. gschem),
> or to open a link in a new tab (e.g. Opera, Firefox); very
> comfortable. I definitely need the middle button very often each
> day.

I'm keyboard-oriented--Ctrl-V, where I've copied using Ctrl-X or
Control-C .

> As a side note, I use only "Model M" keyboards even on current PCs 
> (although none of my IBM keyboards are labelled "Model M", but
> 1391403; can someone please clarify the origin of this designation?),
> and the good old Logitech M-Series mice (my current office PC has the
> _serial_ version)

At random, I've flipped over the 4 keyboards nearest me to read
thelabel.  All say "Model  M" along with the plant number.  The part and
FRU varies; the one I'm typing this on is 1391401 for the part number.


More information about the cctech mailing list