Reproduction micros

Karl-Wilhelm Wacker kwwacker at ptd.net
Fri Jul 22 15:20:44 CDT 2016

If these are switching power supplies, the fizzing may be the output filter
caps
overheating and about to pop their safety 'corks' due to self heating due to
high ripple currents.

I can across this probelm in a Clary Datacomp 404 computer that I worked
on in the late 60's.  The initial fix was a plastic sheild across the top of
the caps
so that if they vented while a tech was working on the unit, they would not
spew
the fluid inside them into the tech's face.

Karl