Reproduction micros

Lars Brinkhoff lars at nocrew.org
Thu Jul 21 15:39:22 CDT 2016

Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> writes:
> On 21 July 2016 at 16:45, Lars Brinkhoff <lars at nocrew.org> wrote:
>> I have both the ARM and the 6502 instruction sets very fresh in my mind
>> right now.  I don't see how the ARM could be a 6502 knockoff, even
>> without that sauce.  Care to explain in more detail?
>
> This is a matter of historical record, AIUI.
> http://forum.6502.org/viewtopic.php?t=1892

I know it's a widely circulated claim, but I haven't seen much evidence
for it.  The link you posted above says "Sophie maintains that "inspired
by" isn't the right choice of words."  In which case I suppose
"knockoff" is even less right.

I'm just genuinely curious exactly which features of the 6502 and ARM
instruction sets people think are so alike?  Please, name specific
details!