Building the Ultimate Classic Mac.

Chris Hanson cmhanson at eschatologist.net
Sun Jul 17 22:04:00 CDT 2016

On Jul 17, 2016, at 12:56 PM, COURYHOUSE at aol.com wrote:

> that is interesting to know the old os can be  run under the  newer.

This was a standard feature of Mac OS X on PowerPC hardware from the 10.0 developer builds through 10.4.

> I am confused on some of the G5 stuff.
> there is a real early one that has non intel processor

That would be a PowerMac G5. No Power Macintosh has an Intel processor.

> then there is a  1.1  ( i have one too) but you can not upgrade  to the
> latest os (bummer)

By "1.1" do you mean the Mac Pro? The Mac Pro has always had an Intel processor, and the model code for the first Mac Pro was MacPro1,1.

> then there is the G% 3  or 3.3  dated one that   will  run currect os  too.

This is confusing. Can you restate it or at least correct your typos before posting? There's no G3 that can run the latest macOS, since a G3 is a kind of PowerPC CPU.

> is there a way to force the 1.1 one to run currest os  somehow!?

Not any supported way, which is the only way I'd be allowed to discuss.

  -- Chris