DEC boards at recycler

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 18:12:02 CDT 2016

On 07/13/2016 05:41 PM, John H. Reinhardt wrote:
> M7961 <-- ????

Yeah, I started throwing numbers into Google after I posted, and I think
that one came up empty. Maybe I wrote it down wrong.

> Anything Emulex with a 50-pin connector on the top is probably a SCSI card.
> Worth saving.

Hmm, that sounds useful. Makes me wonder how far things are from being able
to make a functional system, assuming a backplane and suitable PSU...

> I don't know where you are, but most of it is probably worth saving,
> someone, somewhere is probably looking for that stuff.  If it's working,
> that is.  Maybe even for repair parts.

I'm up in northern MN. First time I've seen any DEC stuff in the ~12 years
I've been around here.

Anyway, I just told the guy to hold off on execution and I'm going back in
next week with a view to just buying everything, then I'll figure it out
later. My wife just gave me a look ;)

J.