NuTek Mac comes

Swift Griggs swiftgriggs at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 11:10:28 CDT 2016

On Tue, 12 Jul 2016, Liam Proven wrote:
> Low End Mac looks into the history of the effort to produce a
> Motif-based, clean-room Mac compatible computer in the early nineties.

Bizzaro-world. It's like Executor on steriods
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executor_%28software%29) . I never knew
that there was such a beast. I couldn't even find a screenshot. I wanted
to see how the blend of MacOS and MOTIF looked (that's going to be an ugly
baby, but I wanted to see it anyway).

Hehe, I like the summary on everymac.com:

" If anything, NuTek proved that uncontrolled 'cloning' of the Macintosh
would result in the same type of compatibility problems familiar to the
Wintel world. "

No doubt! That rarely ends well. Emulation is a tough gig. Ask the ReactOS
team, the WINE & CrossOver guys, or the half dozen MS Exchange clones that
try to keep up with MAPI. The put a lot of honest effort into it, and the
results are still... meh.

-Swift