IBM 360/30 in verilog

Ian S. King isking at uw.edu
Tue Jul 12 09:54:15 CDT 2016

It is my understanding - from conversations with numerous IBM engineers and
retirees - that ALDs are 'as-built' documents related to a particular
machine and were indeed kept with the machine at the customer site.
Otherwise, the poor CE would have to haul around a rack of ALDs for each
machine being serviced!  It's easy to underestimate the physical bulk of
these documents when printed and in binders.  -- Ian

--
Ian S. King, MSIS, MSCS, Ph.D. Candidate
The Information School <http://ischool.uw.edu>

Archivist, Voices From the Rwanda Tribunal <http://tribunalvoices.org>
Value Sensitive Design Research Lab <http://vsdesign.org>

University of Washington

There is an old Vulcan saying: "Only Nixon could go to China."