IBM 360/30 in verilog (was: How do they make Verilog code for unknown ICs?)

Camiel Vanderhoeven iamcamiel at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 11:34:43 CDT 2016

> > And I'm very close to having a 360/65 in VHDL.
>
> Was the microcode derived from the engineering drawings?

Yes, from hand-corrected OCR scans.

To be precise, the ALDs and microcode I'm using are not for a plain 2065,
but for a 7201-02, the variant that was used in the 9020 complex. I'm
making modifications that I hope make it work like a 2065 again.

> From memory, the 65 is the bigger brother to the 50 with a wider memory
bus.

And a bigger ALU, so the microcode for floating point operations is very
different I believe.

Camiel