Archiving CP/M 2.2 Source Code Programs to a PC (Fat or NTFS media)

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 09:39:50 CST 2016

do you have a working 8" drive?  You can attach to a PC from the 386
through to Pentium III as a "HD 5 1/4" drive.  That's what I do.  You need
the DBIT 50/34 adapter and image an disk program.  You can usually for CP/M
disks just use the motherboard's built-in disk drive controller, but I also
have a Catweasel if I need it for more exotic formats.  CP/M disks are very
readable, any format I have ever encountered on SS disks has been no
problem, assuming the disk itself is ok.

Here is a thread from my web site that describes the process, as I
accomplished it.  There is more than one way to skin this cat, there is
also a link within the thread with a downloadable how-to guide from VCF
East 9.

Bill

--
-Bill-