For you SGI fans...

Ian S. King isking at uw.edu
Tue Jan 12 17:32:50 CST 2016

On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 3:19 PM, Jacob Ritorto <jacob.ritorto at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Man, I've not fired up my I2 R10000 and Indy R5000 for a good decade.  Twas
> such a great desktop compared to others of the day, even well after.  I
> actually still miss many of the aspects of simplicity.  And the graphics
> effects were spectacular.  I should see if I can dig them up and get them
> going.  I remember that there were freeware companion CDs out for them, but
> obviously you'd want to build new now.  Do any of the open source projects
> still bother with IRIX, even if it's at latest 6.5.22?
>
> thx
> jake

I need to put the two-proc module in my Octane and fire it up.  Anyone know
of the top of his/her head if I have to reinstall IRIX, or does it pick up
on the multiproc config at boot and Do The Right Thing?  Or do I just need
to RTFM?

--
Ian S. King, MSIS, MSCS, Ph.D. Candidate
The Information School <http://ischool.uw.edu>

Archivist, Voices From the Rwanda Tribunal <http://tribunalvoices.org>
Value Sensitive Design Research Lab <http://vsdesign.org>

University of Washington

There is an old Vulcan saying: "Only Nixon could go to China."