Conservation issue - shrink-wrapped manual

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Wed Jan 6 11:42:43 CST 2016

So I have a question for people who are involved in museums, and similar
roles - how intense should I be about keeping things just as they were?
I have a DEC manual (actually a Products Guide) still in its original
shrink-wrap, and I'm interested in hearing opinions/rationales on whether or
not I should keep it like that, as opposed to (carefully) opening it to be
gain access to the content. Is there any value at all, historically, to
keeping the original packaging intact, or should I just go ahead and open it?
Thanks!

	Noel