Experiences with a composite video mod for a Sinclair ZX81

Adrian Graham witchy at binarydinosaurs.co.uk
Sun Jan 3 12:46:44 CST 2016

On 03/01/2016 18:32, "Eric Christopherson" <echristopherson at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 03, 2016, Adrian Graham wrote:
>> On 03/01/2016 02:06, "Terry Stewart" <terry.stewart296a at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> It's interesting that none of my present TVs would tune properly to the RF
>>> of the ZX81 but they will with some of the other RF only computers like the
>>> Coco 1 and Atari 400?  More circuitry in the latter perhaps...
>>
>> Going from an old, old memory from when TVs became auto-tune rather than
>> dial-in or 'press-a-button-and-hold-until-something-happens'
>
> What's this about holding a button?

Modern technology :)

Going OT for a moment here (sorry Jay) over xmas I was talking VCRs with my
Missus and went off searching for the very first one I used back in '83-ish,
a Ferguson Videostar. I was surprised to re-learn that the channel tuners on
that were all the 'spinning wheel' type. There was one on fleabay for 10ukp
but I wasn't allowed to bid.

--
Adrian/Witchy
Binary Dinosaurs creator/curator