ACE Key codes (xx2247 etc.)

Jay West jwest at classiccmp.org
Thu Feb 25 19:47:26 CST 2016

Mike wrote...
-----
0.375", 7 positions. If I can find my micrometer I'll measure them; wasn't
there an old thread about Ace key codes?
-----
Great info Mike, thanks!

Micrometer measurement is step 1. Step 2 is verification, meaning give the
resulting code to a locksmith and have them make a key from codes only, not
a copy. Once you verify that key works in your machine, we can be sure it's
right (it's easy to make a 0.016" mistake ;)

Positions are 7 to 1 (holding key as if to use, 7 is top left and goes
counter-clockwise). Codes are 1 through 8 starting at 0.016 (1) through
0.128 (8) in 0.016 increments. So 4 is 0.064, etc.

Old thread - I know that there was lots of talk about the DEC PDP XX2247
key. I don't think I've ever seen/heard any discussion of memorializing
others (non-dec).... and we should :)