Serial analyzers (was Re: VAX 11/730 quickie)

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 09:35:44 CST 2016

On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 10:28 AM, Mark J. Blair <nf6x at nf6x.net> wrote:
> When I was debugging the connection between my VAX and tu58em on my Mac, I ended up buying an old serial protocol analyzer. Notably, I specifically avoided one with the same type of tape drive; I got one with a nice, reliable 3.5" floppy drive! ;)

HP 4952?  I have two with tapes from the old days (they contain a
formatter, and we did wipe some scratch tapes for storage of our
analyzer programs, including a PU Type 2 BIND simulator that filled
the program memory, but it worked well enough for us to debug SNA BIND
sequences in the absence of a real PU Type 4).

-ethan