Looking for a small fast VAX development machine

Holm Tiffe holm at freibergnet.de
Mon Feb 22 06:51:58 CST 2016

David Brownlee wrote:

> On 22 February 2016 at 09:00, Holm Tiffe <holm at freibergnet.de> wrote:
> >
> > Bryan C. Everly wrote:
> >
> > > Greg,
> > >
> > > I applaud your goal.  I'm trying to resurrect my 3100 so I can try and keep
> > > this architecture alive on OpenBSD.
> > >

> > > Thanks,
> > > Bryan
> >
> > ...you would'nt have much fun. Even an 3100/M76 ist dog slow..
> >
> > Build a "world" on such a machine takes alsmost a week, not hours.
>
> "Fun" is definitely dependent on frame of reference - I'm still
> looking out for a uVaxII to go alongside my VAXStation 4000/90 on
> which to run NetBSD (specifically to get timing numbers for every
> NetBSD release, and "Just Because" :)

Yes, it depends..

I at least have a card cage with an uVAXII (KA630, UC07 etc ) and had run
Quasijarus a while before. Yes it's fun to play with old machines, but I
don't think that it is funny to build and test Software like PostgreSQL on
them.

Regards,

Holm
  www.tsht.de, info at tsht.de, Fax +49 3731 74200, Mobil: 0172 8790 741