Looking for a small fast VAX development machine

Greg Stark stark at mit.edu
Sat Feb 20 12:51:39 CST 2016

I work on Postgres and we have always claimed to support VAX machines
but have the caveat "Code support exists for M32R and VAX, but these
architectures are not known to have been tested recently." in our
documentation. Recently I started a project to get a member in our
build farm building Postgres for VAX to fill this gap. So far I've
been using simh but I would be really interested in getting a decently
fast VAX that doesn't take too much space (or power) to run builds on.

I am currently in Europe (Dublin) but will be visiting NYC, Florida,
and Montreal in the upcoming months so this is a good chance for me to
pick one up without paying exorbitant shipping if there's any around.

--
greg