OS help needed please

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Wed Feb 3 20:48:11 CST 2016

On 02/03/2016 04:13 PM, drlegendre . wrote:
>> From the dim hazy past..
>
> Didn't HP (USA) maintain a public FTP site loaded with drivers, docs,
> etc. for obsolete / unsupported machines? Does anyone know if that
> resource is still around?

HP has gratuitously removed its driver archive from the web.  At least I
can't find anything.  Probably due to the slice-and-dice of HP
Enterprise from the (remaining) HP body, whatever's left of it.

I was looking last week for the drivers for the Vectra VL600.  There are
still web pages that point to it, but th pages now say something to the
effect of "so sorry, we don't do that anymore"/  And I don't really
trust the third-party nastyware driver sites.

I wish it were otherwise.  I reiterate that the web is written in sand,
just waiting for a good gust of wind to obliterate things.

--Chuck