Banner Panels

Pontus Pihlgren pontus at Update.UU.SE
Fri Dec 30 04:04:26 CST 2016

On Fri, Dec 30, 2016 at 07:40:26AM +0000, Rod Smallwood wrote:
> Hi
>      The pictures are for reference. I redraw all panels to get the
> separations for silk screening.
> Rod

Ok, I'll try to take som pictures tonight.

Also, I'd like to elaborate regarding rack headers and why there are so
many.

There seems to be at least 6 degrees of freedom for variation.

1. Computer family and model (e.g. PDP-8, PDP-11, PDP-11/70)

2. Rack type, the earlier shorter racks had metal headers without
   rounded corners (see PDP-8/i). Lowboy racks have a slanted header
   with deeper frame.

3. Intended market. Lab systems was green, industrial was blue/red. (The
   PDP-12 was available in orange, blue and green)

4. Place of manufacture. The PDP-11 header had either "galway ireland"
   or "maynard massachusets" printed on them (possibly other places)

5. OEM's had their own designs.

6. Specific systems packaged had their own name and color. I have a
   PDP-11/34 with a blue header that says "GAMMA-11"

I'll provide examples of some of these. Others can be found online.

/P