PDP-6s at MIT

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Tue Dec 27 13:05:58 CST 2016

    > From: Lars Brinkhoff

    >> They expressed some interest in the old MIT-AI KA-10 that you have in
    >> storage. Can they have it?

    > So maybe they got it after all!

So perhaps my memory is not so bad after all! :-) Or maybe I was just
remembering the discussion of them possibly getting it?

The real thing to do is check directly with those guys, rather than examining
tea entrails.

Howwever, if my memory is accurate, there perhaps might be, in those pictures:

  http://www.stupi.se/Bilder/pdp-10/

some evidence that they did get it: in the row above the bottom, the picture
on the left seems to me like it might be a picture of the HIC-memory for AI.

But now that I look close, maybe it's just a CADR? The picture to the right
of that one shows what looks like a CADR (they had those giant swing-out
monolithic bays on the front which are the CPU - the AI Lab build a cool
robot to check the wirewrap when they went into production on the CADRs), and
so that may be the front of the same rack as that one before (which would
therefore be of the back of that CADR).

	Noel