PDP-6s at MIT

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Sun Dec 25 01:58:07 CST 2016

On 12/24/2016 12:00 PM, Noel Chiappa wrote:
>      > their KA10 had a paging box, made by System[s] Concepts
>
> Speaking of which, here's a photo of the display panel from it:
>
>    http://ana-3.lcs.mit.edu/~jnc/tech/jpg/SysConKAPanel.jpg
>
> The meter didn't show up well in that, and it's too cool to miss, so here:
>
>    http://ana-3.lcs.mit.edu/~jnc/tech/jpg/SysConMeter.jpg
>
> is a shot of it.
>
> 	Noel

I was looking at some photos on FB posted by a friend and ran across
Richard Greenblatt's oral history.  It has some mentions of what the
PDP6's and PDP 10's were used for.

http://archive.computerhistory.org/projects/chess/related_materials/oral-history/greenblatt.oral_history.2005.102634500/102657935-05-01-acc.pdf

I've not had time to read other than to think these are perhaps
interesting if you guys didn't run across them.  I think they may have
been used by the Project Mac folks.  Perhaps posting this over on the
Multics thread might stir up some information if you want more.  A lot
of the original guys are there.  I'd be glad to do it if no-one else on
the thread here can do so.

Thanks for the interesting thread.

thanks
Jim