Motorola MC14081B

Adrian Graham witchy at binarydinosaurs.co.uk
Tue Dec 20 18:50:25 CST 2016

Evening folks,

(it's evening here)

Typically for troubleshooting around $FESTIVAL I find a more-than-likely
dead MC14081B (CMOS quad dual-input AND gates) just as UK postage ends for
the next few days so getting a replacement won't happen until next week.

Question is, aside from having to make up an adapter board to change the
pins around and making sure Vcc is +5V is there any reason I can't use
something like a 74LS08 for testing? One of the outputs is RESET for an
8085A so nothing too demanding.

(I might have a CD4081B somewhere too, which is pin compatible according to
the datasheet)

Cheers,

--
Adrian/Witchy