Keys - Non-Ace was RE: ACE Key codes (xx2247 etc.)

Jerome H. Fine jhfinedp3k at compsys.to
Mon Apr 25 20:21:43 CDT 2016

 >Paul Koning wrote:

>>>On Apr 24, 2016, at 8:54 PM, Jerome H. Fine <jhfinedp3k at compsys.to> wrote:
>>

>>>Kyle Owen wrote:
>>>

>>>On a related note, a former DEC field engineer gave me this key (and
>>>keychain). He thought it was a PDP-8 key at first, but it's not the
>>>standard XX2247. It says KBM1100...any ideas what this might go to?
>>>
>>>http://imgur.com/a/4v8Hq
>>>
>>I have followed this thread, but have not been interested enough
>>to keep any of the old posts.
>>The above post suggests that XX2247 was used for the PDP-8.
>>If so, was any specific key used for the PDP-11?
>>

>XX2247 was the standard key for the PDP-11.  And the VAXen, at least until DEC switched to plastic blank "keys" instead.

Thanks to Tony Duell,  Jay West, Dennis Boone and Paul Koning.

The reason I was asking is that I want a "hidden" HELP command
for one of the PDP-11 programs that I wish to enhance.  That HELP
command will require a "hidden" value, so what better number than
2247 for the value that will be required.  The command will not
actually be hidden, of course, since there will be some documentation.
But until the code associated with the HELP command is activated
by using the HELP command, the user will not see the "hidden" stuff.

It helps to have a sense of humour and look for a bit of fun when
code is being written.

Jerome Fine