Keys - Non-Ace was RE: ACE Key codes (xx2247 etc.)

Jay West jwest at classiccmp.org
Mon Apr 25 07:28:00 CDT 2016

Tony wrote...
----
As far as I know DEC never used a key lock on their cabinet doors.
You might well need an allen key to remove the back of the rack cabinet, for
example.
----

All the H967's I've seen had non-ace keys for the back doors.
Most (if not all, can't remember) of my H960's use non-ace keys for the back
doors.
All the later DEC cabinets (beige, corp cabs, vax, etc.) seemed to use
"Fastenal" twist locks that used a hex/allen key.

The above is not meant to be definitive, just my own experience.