AlphaStation 200 NVRAM Problem

Robert Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Sat Apr 23 13:21:09 CDT 2016

Yes that is exactly the code I get on the LEDs.

>  Second: it may also be that DROM itself is faulty, a bit may have flipped
for
> example; NB this is UV EPROM, so things happen.  Maybe someone can
> share a known-good image.

When I put the DROM back the failure returned. So it is either a bad SRAM, a
short/open somewhere, or the DROM code itself. I have a PROM programmer, but
it is only for DIP packages, I don't have the facilities to read a PROM in
this type of package. I will have another look round for any obvious
problems on the board, but it looked OK to me when I checked. Getting the
SROM diags out might help too, I will have a look at that.

Regards

Rob