CDC 6600/Cyber 73 Memories - WAS: Harris H800 Computer

Rich Alderson RichA at LivingComputerMuseum.org
Thu Apr 21 16:01:14 CDT 2016

From: Paul Koning
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2016 11:48 AM

> I don't think there are any Cyber 70 (CDC 6000 series) systems still
> running, but there's one in emulation, running PLATO.  See cyber1.org.
> It even has emulated console tubes...

I can't speak to Cyber 70 systems, but the 6500 at LCM runs SCOPE, KRONOS,
and NOS quite nicely.  Getting it to this point was a very big project.

You should come visit, and talk to the principal engineer who did most of
the work of making it run.

                                                                Rich

Rich Alderson
Vintage Computing Sr. Systems Engineer
Living Computer Museum
2245 1st Avenue S
Seattle, WA 98134

mailto:RichA at LivingComputerMuseum.org

http://www.LivingComputerMuseum.org/