Any info on MTI 240 drive emulator?

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 12:06:49 CDT 2016

On Sat, Apr 16, 2016 at 11:39 PM, Josh Dersch <derschjo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all --
>
> I just picked up an interesting device, it appears to be a drive emulator
> that adapts DEC SDI to either ESDI or MFM drives (I would guess ESDI, but no
> real way to be sure.)  It's manufactured by "Micro Technology" and is
> labeled as an "MDI 240" on the front.  (On the rear as "SPEC.MDI-240", P/N
> "970176-000".)

I have a box at home with _a_ SDI->ESDI board and two 600MB ESDI
drives.  I will see about cracking it open to see what's inside.

I would have no docs, though... mine came to me in working order and I
just plugged it in.  I'm using it with a KDB50 and my VAX8300.  No
funny business.  It just works.

-ethan