Xerox Alto on eBay

Mike Ross tmfdmike at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 13:53:35 CDT 2016

On Apr 14, 2016 1:34 PM, "Josh Dersch" <JoshD at livingcomputermuseum.org>
wrote:

> So we copy disk images to/from the PDP-11/44 over 3Mbit Ethernet to the
Alto :).

> - Josh

Quite a hack! So you copy in real time as it were? Direct from packs on a
running Alto to packs on a running 11? Would it be practical to hack it
further to capture the data to an image file so anyone with an 11 / RK
combo could write packs?

I have 6085s and Stars;  I'd love an Alto to round out the collection - but
not at $40k! Crazy prices these days; I've never paid more than a couple of
grand for anything - and usually a lot less.

Mike