A couple of afternoons in Austin, Tx

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Tue Apr 12 22:18:24 CDT 2016

On 04/12/2016 09:49 PM, jwsmobile wrote:

> any places to visit while I'm around?   just visiting and
> would like to see if there are any surplus spots, or folks
> to say hi to.

TX/Rx labs in Houston is VERY interesting.  A hackerspace,
but with a lot of emphasis on electronics, too.
They have a pick and place machine, one guy there has a
fantastic electronics shop.  They have a machine shop with
some CNC machines that they retrofitted.  I did see a PDP-8
in the mezzanine of the front room.

Lots of 3D printers, wood shop, bike shop, welding, arts and
crafts and sewing, and on and on.

This is probably only of interest if you are flying in/out
through Houston, however.

Jon