[HECnet] Document treasure trove

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Wed Apr 6 15:05:20 CDT 2016

On 2016-04-06 20:26, Paul_Koning at Dell.com wrote:
> While looking for DECnet documents, I noticed that there's a very large collection at http://manx.classiccmp.org/collections/antonio/dec/ .  Probably not news to many, but in case some had not seen it...
>
> Among other things, there are two CD collections MDS-1997-10 and MDS-2000-01.  The former contains a rather obscure document, the DECnet Phase IV Token Ring datalink spec.  That also includes the Phase IV routing layer tweaks necessary to support token ring -- or other datalinks if you don't want to use the AA-00-04-00 prefix.

Nice find.

While we're at it, I just scanned the Oregon Pascal V2.1E manuals for
RSX, and put them at http://Mim.Update.UU.SE/manuals/pascal

I aim to slowly build up the documentation for all RSX stuff in a
somewhat ordered fashion there. The fact that it is actually served by
an RSX machine just makes it more fun.

	Johnny