ESR Meter Recommendations

W2HX w2hx at w2hx.com
Wed Sep 30 13:24:02 CDT 2015

Essentially these are two different measurements meant to measure a different property of the capacitor. Capacitors have many properties, many we know such as capacitance, working voltage, temp coefficient, etc. Add to that list both leakage current (parallel resistance) and ESR (series resistance). They tell you different things about the capacitor's behavior.

Hope this helps.
Regards
Eugene