Acquiring a bunch of Lisp Machines

Ian Finder ian.finder at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 20:34:09 CDT 2015

The "wasn't" was a hint to indicate that the "OS" for the purpose of this
conversation - actually the disklabel and FEP code- was never available or
intended to be loaded outside of a factory / support environment.

For all I know, the disk controller may require special microcode to be
able to write the volume header. I have no real idea-

I'm not claiming any amount of expertise- only that a microcoded,
undocumented 36-bit machine with it's own secondary frontend IOP, multiple
microcoded bit-slice based custom IO subsystems, and no known external
software tools is a little different than an 8-bit toy computer kit.

Guy's response touches on the broader strokes- the ISA for the main
processor itself isn't even documented.

--
   Ian Finder
   (206) 395-MIPS