Thoughts on manual database design?

Jay Jaeger cube1 at charter.net
Fri Sep 25 20:23:04 CDT 2015

On 9/25/2015 4:03 PM, mark at markesystems.com wrote:

>>> Another thing, although MySQL is fine but for this I think SQLite
>>> might be a better choice of db. Its access methods are all in-process
>>> ie. no external
>>> dbms service to bother with, just a library to link in and the
>>> physical database is a disk file (.s3db extension). It has a much
>>> 'lighter' db footprint.
>>>
>> As I mentioned in another response, I truly dislike SQLite, based on my
>> experience with it on my Garmin GPS.
>
> I'm still not sure why - my experience has been very good.  What bad
> experiences have you had?
> ~~
> Mark Moulding

My Garmin has had data integrity issues in its database.  Plus, lack of
*convenient* tools, and having to rummage around here and there to find
them.

On top of that, this will be part of an online web app some day, so
having the database in the address space of the web server is probably
not a Good Thing.