DDS SETASI SC44 info?

Josh Dersch derschjo at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 16:40:14 CDT 2015

Hi all --

I just added a PDP-11/44 to my collection and it appears to have some
manner of cache upgrade; it's made by Digital Data Systems (DDS) and
consists of two cards, one hex-height labeled "SC44 SETASI" (in the place
of the normal 11/44 cache board) and a second quad-height labeled "1051" at
the end of the first backplane.  The two are connected via a ribbon cable.

I know DDS made some seriously nice upgrades for the 11/70 but I can't find
anything on this board set at all.  I'm assuming it's just a souped-up
cache but it'd be nice to know more (and docs would be excellent of course).

Thanks,
Josh