Query for dec teleprinter roms

Mike Stein mhs.stein at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 23:20:27 CDT 2015

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jonathan Gevaryahu" <jgevaryahu at gmail.com>
To: <cctech at classiccmp.org>
Sent: Monday, September 21, 2015 3:14 PM
Subject: Query for dec teleprinter roms

> Does anyone have an LA36, LA120 or LAS12, LA34,
> LA100, or LA210 somewhere which they could dump
> the ROMs from?
>
> LA100 (AKA LW100)... I have no idea. There's
> definitely at least one rom revision. Also to
> the best of my knowledge neither the maintenance
> print set nor the technical manual for the LA100
> are scanned (they certainly don't appear at
> http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/pdf/dec/terminal/la100/ )
> , which makes it difficult to know.
>
> --
> Jonathan Gevaryahu
> jgevaryahu at gmail.com
> jgevaryahu at hotmail.com

----- Reply -----

I've scrapped several LA100s and may even still
have a complete one somewhere, but I should at
least still have a PCB with the ROMs. When I find
it I'll dump them and email them to you.

Note that there were two versions of the LA100:
the LetterWriter (with full keyboard) and the
LetterPrinter (with only a small control panel);
mine are/were the RO LetterPrinters.

I should also still have the complete maintenance
docs. I checked Bitsavers a few years ago to see
if they were worth scanning and I could have sworn
they already had them, including the print set, so
I forgot about them; don't see it now so the
senility must be getting worse.

I'll have a look but if/when I find them I don't
think I can scan the print set; IIRC the pages
were longer than 14".