(was IBM 026) / is: Documation or card reader roller upgrades / successes.

jwsmobile jws at jwsss.com
Sat Sep 19 19:17:27 CDT 2015

On 9/19/2015 4:41 PM, Jay West wrote:
> Marc wrote...
> ----
> Well, hopefully this community is about celebrating people that have an
> interest in saving old valuable hardware. Not bullying them.
> ----
> Ditto. Offlist email sent.
>
> ----
> Saving substantial hardware involves a substantial personal investment in
> time and money. So, Todd, well done, congratulations on your buy, and thanks
> for taking care of a rare 026. And if you need any tips for restoration I
> would be happy to help (I have an 026 and an 029, both fully functional
> now).
> ----
> Agreed. I've always half-way wanted a 026, and I have no doubt that $899 is
> a reasonable price (for me). The only thing stopping me is no system to hook
> it up to. But then, there's always the classiccmp "law of attraction" ;)

I may need help with the 029.  It was bought "functional" but the
modules are out of it.  Since I have a working 129, I have not gotten
into this one.  Anyone with a huge desire for it, we could talk about it.

I'm really looking for / dreading how to get a reliable reader.  I have
"gooed" one Documation 200 and have another not powered on by me, and
also an M1000, and would be interested in anyone who has successfully
followed thru on all the discussions about the rollers as to how they
did it and how they are working now.

Please, we all have archives, and know there are huge threads about this
in the list.  I'm interested in an update with this query.
thanks
jim