punchcard svg file available

jwsmobile jws at jwsss.com
Thu Sep 10 11:26:56 CDT 2015

On 9/10/2015 9:00 AM, William Donzelli wrote:
>> btw. in the Netherlands where I live, they are called ponskaarten and are
>> nowhere to be find also. We only have one box of fresh cards and one box of
>> used cards with our IBM 029. Of course the unused cards stay in the depot
>> until we can do something usefull with them. That is why I made this file.
>> As soon as I find a good local supply of the right type of paper, the cards
>> can be reproduced. :-)
> If you find a source of paper stock that works, please let everyone
> know about it. The real paper is gone, and will likely never be made
> again. It is a specialized stock that is extremely difficult to make.
>
> --
> Will
General Credit Forms in St Louis had it and the patterns and my friend
Al Weber had cards made when he worked there.  The problem with making
more was the feasibility of setting their lines up to run the card, and
at the time the paper was no problem (into the 90's).

I'll check with him and see if he knows of any problem getting the paper.

GCF makes the NCR snap forms for credit cards, and owns the patents to
that technology.  So making the cards were not a problem for them as
their line was nearly set up exactly for that already.

thanks
Jim