21MX proms (per request)

Marc Verdiell marc.verdiell at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 15:41:47 CDT 2015

Absolutely (assuming you count your engineering time as free), not to
mention it feels rewarding to use clever engineering tricks to solve a
problem instead of money. But I want to keep my machine original and vintage
if I reasonably can. My programmer ended up very reasonably priced, and it
is recognized as one of the better vintage programmers of that era. So it
fits perfectly in my collection of higher end, historically meaningful
engineering tools. Two birds with one stone, so it was a pretty easy
decision.
Marc

>Sean Caron <scaron at umich.edu>:
>The median listing price for them on eBay for a 29B with pack seems to be
around $3-400 which IMO is a little steep for a 30+ year >old PROM
programmer. Hopefully your best offer successfully accepted was much lower!
>I think the part cost on the PROMs pales in comparison. For the cost of the
29B, you could design a replacement for the original >PROM, have some boards
fabricated, stuff them and you'd still be ahead a few hundred bucks ...