Control Data 160

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 11:03:30 CDT 2015

On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 11:22 AM, Jay Jaeger <cube1 at charter.net> wrote:

> On 9/8/2015 9:35 PM, Billy Pettit wrote:
>
> > Chuck Guzis <cclist at sydex.com> wrote:
> >
> > Subject: Re: Control Data 160 Ebay
> >
> > I believe the eBay lister stated that it was a 160, not the -A.  So no
> > return jump for you...
> >
> > --Chuck
> >

> But quite a lot of the other printed material with it on the listing
> says 160-A.  Perhaps it got field upgraded, if such was done for that
> machine.
>
> JRJ

Comparing the 160 and 160-A manuals with the 160 in the ebay auction
(252070822992)

Page 37 of the 160 manual from 1960 -  smaller "160" marquee sign.
Page 3-1 of the 160-A marquee says "CONTROL DATA 160-A"
Ebay auction says "CONTROL DATA 160"

So, there were two variations of the 160 marquee/sign above the numeric
display.

----

Also, if a person is looking at the front of the computer, on the top left
side, there is a square cut-out / slot? in the original 160 table
(purpose?).  This slot does not appear on the 160-A's table (from the 1963
programming manual), nor is it present on the Ebay auction.

I am thinking this was originally a "later" 160 that was probably serviced
well into the 160-A days.

--
Bill
vintagecomputer.net