MicroVAX 3800 DSSI Issues

Kyle Owen kylevowen at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 16:25:36 CDT 2015

On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 4:09 PM, Glen Slick <glen.slick at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 1:34 PM, Peter Coghlan <cctalk at beyondthepale.ie>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> ROHIT1$ mount dub0: disk0
> >> %MOUNT-F-INCVOLLABEL, incorrect volume label
> >> -MOUNT-I-VOLIDENT, label = 'USER01      ', owner = '            ',
> format =
> >> 'DECFILE11B  '
> >>
> >> I tried giving it the correct label, but it still didn't seem to mount.
> Now
> >> I wanted to see if the MSCP server is running:
> >>

> > What happens if you try:
> >
> > $ MOUNT /NOASSIST /SYSTEM DUB0: USER01
> >

> You could also try this so you don't have to specify the label
> $ MOUNT /OVER=ID DUB0:

No dice...

ROHIT1$ mount /over=id dub0:
%MOUNT-F-BITMAPERR, I/O error on storage bitmap; volume locked
-SYSTEM-F-FORCEDERROR, forced error flagged in last sector read
ROHIT1$ mount /noassist /system dub0: user01
%MOUNT-F-BITMAPERR, I/O error on storage bitmap; volume locked
-SYSTEM-F-FORCEDERROR, forced error flagged in last sector read

But it did work for DUB1:!

ROHIT1$ mount /over=id dub1:
%MOUNT-I-MOUNTED, BACKUP_DISK  mounted on _ROHIT1$DUB1:

ROHIT1$ show dev

Device                  Device           Error    Volume         Free
 Trans Mnt
 Name                   Status           Count     Label        Blocks
Count Cnt
R7CY2A$DIA0:            Mounted              0  VMS54_2DISK     173103
134   1
ROHIT1$DUB0:            Online               0
ROHIT1$DUB1:            Mounted alloc        0  BACKUP_DISK    1404072
1   1
ROHIT1$DUC10:           Online               0

I'm not sure exactly which disk is DUC10:, but mount tells me the medium is
offline.

Still attempting to learn enough VMS to get a directory listing on DUB1:,
but I'm getting there! Thanks for the tips.

Kyle