youtube video of a runnning XDS Sigma mainframe with lots of nice peripherals

ANDY HOLT andy.holt at tesco.net
Sat Oct 31 13:51:18 CDT 2015

> I remember hacking the computed goto in the Fortran so it would
> execute my own entered assembler. That was fun. ;)

Interesting - it was a more normal hack to abuse the assigned goto -
in most implementations* the variable contents were just a genuine memory address
and you could drop code into a common block thus Bob's yer uncle.

* On the ICL1900 all assignable labels got small integers which were used as an
index lookup in an assigned goto thus that trick would not work.