Honeywell Alert / Re: Up for Auction: Memory from the First Computer in Space

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Sat Oct 31 12:28:34 CDT 2015

On 10/31/2015 01:40 AM, Brent Hilpert wrote:
> Very neat, too bad the memory is gone. Is building a new
> memory with modern stuff a consideration (enough
> documentation .. )?
it is not gone.  I have a VERY strong belief that the EMM
memory box was made for the Honeywell Alert, but I have no
docs on it, and one of the 4 memory blocks was disassembled,
probably to attempt a repair on the electronics.
Without pinout or even knowing what voltages were used,
pretty hard to do much with it.

Yes, I could build an SRAM board that would hook to it, and
a console interface, but I really don't see the point.

Jon