Mac IIsi - SoG?

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 21:10:12 CDT 2015

On 10/27/2015 08:36 PM, Al Kossow wrote:

> On 10/26/15 8:30 PM, Jules Richardson wrote:
>
>> I've got a system here which makes encouraging startup noises, but isn't
>> outputting any video to a VGA screen (adapter cable OK with my other Macs).
>>

> The si and cx/ci are old enough that it doesn't support VGA timing.

Hmm, so strapping pin 7 to pin 10 on the video connector isn't enough to
kick it into 640x480 mode like it is with various other Apple hardware?

For the 512x384 mode it's certainly not within VGA spec, but I know the
system is capable of 640x480, which I'm assuming should be. I'm currently
wondering if it's outputting composite sync, though - everything I'd seen
suggested it was either SoG or separate h/vsync, but maybe that's wrong and
it's neither.

cheers

J.